Time to travel all of Australia in one big Live from Aus weekender.
Tourism Australia gets our collective cabin fever feels that we just haven’t been able to explore the country just as we would like to. Thankfully, they are putting on the ultimate broadcast line up showcasing the best of our lucky country in one jam-packed Live from Aus weekender.
For the entire weekend of May 16 and 17, Tourism Australia will be going live with Live From Aus. The special broadcast will feature exclusive travel experiences, broadcasting on the hour, every hour, to a potential audience of more than 13 million from across Australia and around the world.
Live from Aus kicks off from 7 am AEST on Saturday 16 May 2020 and will feature household names such as The Wiggles, chefs Jock Zonfrillo, Jo Barrett, Matt Moran and Hayden Quinn, fashion icon Laura Brown and the Outback Wrangler Matt Wright.
The weekend will also feature a sneak preview of Chris Hemsworth’s new Centr workout program specifically designed for isolation and delivered by Chris’ own personal trainer Luke Zocchi and exercise physiologist Dan Churchill.
Related reads: 10 Australian Travel Podcasts To Satisfy Your Wanderlust
An ongoing streaming program from 18 May will reconnect Australians with our country’s unique wildlife, landscapes, food and drink, Indigenous, arts and cultural experiences through Tourism Australia’s digital and social media channels.
Tourism Australia Managing Director, Phillipa Harrison says the broadcast “Is about providing a platform for our industry operators, tourism products and experiences to continue to connect with travel lovers and give them the ideas and inspiration to explore our incredible country when borders reopen, and people can travel again.”
The Live From Aus program will be hosted by an array of Australian personalities, advocates and industry operators who will educate, entertain and inspire viewers with a range of interactive experiences, including cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, exercise classes, cultural immersion sessions, Australian wildlife encounters, and a live music program presented by Sounds Australia.
Current schedule Live from Aus:
Saturday, 16 May 2020
- Bondi Brekkie Bowls with Guy Turland
- Aussie Disco with The Wiggles
- Indigenous Ingredients with Jock Zonfrillo
- Koala-ty Time with Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary & Candice Dixon
- Cheesemaking with Jo Barrett & Matt Stone
- Putt Like a Pro: Great Golf Courses of Australia Masterclass
- Questacon Liquid Nitrogen Show
- Underwater Reef Tour with Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef
- Australian Wines Stories with Unico Zelo
- Uluru Sunset Session with First Nations music curated by Sounds Australia
- Mate Date Dinner Party with Matt Moran
- An epic Aussie pub trivia night
- Spectra Light Show live from Mona
Sunday, 17 May 2020
- Sunrise Yoga with Elements of Byron Bay
- Coffee Masterclass with ONA Coffee
- Kickstart your day with Aussie wildlife, Zookeeper Chad & Laura Brown
- Mud Crabbing with Juan Walker
- The Great Aussie Brunch with Three Blue Ducks
- Kids Club – Artist to be Announced
- Crocodile Encounter with Matt Wright
- Sunday BBQ Lunch with Hayden Quinn
- Adventure into the Kimberley with Scott Connell & Anthony Walsh
- Wine & Art Pairing with Chester Osborn at the d’Arenberg Cube
- Kangaroo Feeding with Chris ‘Brolga’ Barns
- Kangaroo Island Tour with Craig Wickham from Exceptional Kangaroo Island
- Penguin Parade Bedtime Stories from Phillip Island with Wippa
- Dreamtime Stories with Darren ‘Capes’ Capewell
- A Night at the Sydney Opera House
- Sunday Session with Sounds Australia
Head to Tourism Australia’s Facebook page and YouTube channel to check out Live from Aus. The full weekend schedule and updates to the ongoing program will be available on Tourism Australia’s Facebook Live From Aus Event page.
Feature image: Tourism Australia
- Australian Music To Satisfy Your Gig And Dancefloor Needs
- Everything New To Enjoy In Cairns & The Great Barrier Reef
See more: Australia travel